I like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain.
My career in Broadcasting had a shaky start, when I told my mother I wanted to be a broadcaster, she looked lovingly into my eyes and said “Daniel, you have the face for radio”. Her loving words, her capabilities to manage five children and her understanding to still have the sanity to speak to one of her lesser-known children, pushed me into a position to be heard but not to be seen.
I like long walks on the beach, short walks on the beach, but I hate medium walks on the beach.
How did you become involved in the station?
I started by putting away CDs, and then moved to the reception answering phone calls, eventually on to producing and presenting Morning Magazine.
If stuck on Mars, what five albums could you not go without?
- 30 Seconds to Mars – The Kill (Its pretty rough up there with the gang violence)
- Bruno Mars – Unorthodox Jukebox (Local Artist up there and the biggest practicing religion)
- Train – Drops of Jupiter (I enjoy travelling)
- The Flaming Lips – Approaching Pavonis Mons by Balloon (I’d want the pink robots on my side)
- Pixies – Bird Dream of Olympus Mons (I’m going to buy property on Olympus Mons)
What is the best thing about being involved in the station?
What is the strangest thing that has happened to you at RTRFM?
If you could present a show other than your own, which would it be and why?
BBC4’s – The News Quiz.
What do you do in real life?
I believe human existence is about killing time, looking busy and not doing much at all.