RTRFM is The Sound Alternative: an independent, non-profit community radio station that provides an alternative voice for Perth through innovative music and talks programming. RTRFM provides a platform for local news and issues, with a strong focus on the arts, culture, social justice, politics and the environment. We champion local music and support musical diversity through 50+ specialist music programs and a huge program of events.
At RTRFM, we can tailor sponsorship packages to your needs and preferences, to include one or more of the below elements:
- On-air announcements
- Online promotion via rtrfm.com.au, RTRFM’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and RTRFM’s weekly Off Your Dial e-news
- Outside broadcasts
- Event sponsorship
On-air announcements obtained through RTRFM sponsorship lets our loyal listeners know that your business or organisation supports their favourite independent radio station.
There are two basic types of campaigns available to RTRFM sponsors: call-to-action promotions and branding promotions.
Call-to-action promotions focus on drawing attention to upcoming events, and inspire listeners to take action. These are best suited to:
- Concerts, plays, productions, exhibitions, workshops and other events
- Sales or special deals.
Branding promotions help position your business or organisation in the market. They are:
- A subtle form of promotion that requires familiarity and recognition
- Helpful in keeping your brand at the forefront of the listener’s mind.
- Announcements are 15 or 30 seconds in duration
- Keep your announcement script to 60 words max
- Choose your preferred voice talent from our comprehensive range of RTRFM presenters
- If you send in a backing track (music) for the announcement, please send as a .wav file or a 320kbps .mp3 file (no low bit-rate files please).
Some 103,000 people over the age of 15 listen to RTRFM in any given week – that’s around 8% of Perth’s over 15 year olds (McNair Ingenuity, August 2009).
402,000 people over the age of 15 listen to community radio in Perth each week – that’s 29% of those tuning into any kind of radio (McNair Ingenuity, September 2012).
7 Hours per week
Regular RTRFM listeners tune in for an average of around 7 hours a week. A further 332,000+ people in Perth over the age of 15 have listened to RTRFM at some point.
15-100 years old
Due to the diversity of programming across RTRFM’s grid, our listeners range from 15 to 100 year of age, depending on the program. However, during weekday programs, most listeners are aged between 15 and 39 years old.
These listeners cite the specialist programs, local information, music and RTRFM’s ‘non-commercial sound’ as the primary reasons they tune in to RTRFM.
22,000 hits, 1,800 listening online, 7,000 subscribers
Each week, rtrfm.com.au attracts around 22,000 hits, with around 1,800 people listening to RTRFM via online live streaming and re-streaming functions. Just under 7,000 people receive our weekly Off Your Dial e-news, which showcases the best of what’s on around Perth, station news, events and special content.
Strong presence on social media
As of December 2015, RTRFM has over 10,000 Facebook likes, 8,600+ Twitter followers and over 2,5000 Instagram followers.