RTRFM is a community radio station based in Perth, the capital of Western Australia and we broadcast to most of the wider metropolitan area.
Check us out, we’re 92.1 on the FM band, or you can listen to us online.
At RTRFM we can combine on air announcements, online promotion, social networking, outside broadcasts, giveaways and sponsorship of the station’s events. Promotional announcements provided through sponsorship of RTRFM lets our loyal listeners know that your organisation supports their favourite radio station.
There are two basic types of campaigns available to RTRFM sponsors:
CALL TO ACTION PROMOTIONS
- these focus on upcoming events such as concerts.
- plays, promotions.
- sales or special deals.
- and are intended to inspire the listeners to take action.
- these help position your business in the market.
- subtle form of promotion that requires building familiarity and recognition.
- Helps your brand remain at the top of the listener’s mind.
- Your announcement can be 30 or 15 seconds.
- Keep it to a maximum of 60 words.
- You get to choose your preferred voice for the announcement from our range of RTRFM Presenters.
- If you send in a backing track for the announcement, please send the song as a wav file or a 320kbps mp3 file. No low bit-rate files please.
Get in contact with us today if you would like to sponsor the station or become involved.
Some 103,000 people over the age of 15 listen to RTRFM in any given week (according to McNair Ingenuity research August 2009). That makes up around 8 percent of Perth’s over 15 year olds, and no doubt our listenership has increased since this research was commissioned.
McNair Ingenuity have also recently (September 2012) told us that 402,000 people over the age of 15 listen to community radio in Perth each week, that is 29% of those tuning into any kind of radio.
7 Hours per week
If you’re one of our listeners, then our statistics tell us that you listen for an average of around 7 hours a week. Or, maybe you’re one of the 332,000 plus people in Perth over the age of 15 who has listened to RTRFM at some point, without necessarily tuning in regularly.
15-100 years old
And, because of the diversity of our station’s programming, our listeners range from 15 to 100 years-of-age (depending on the show). However, during weekday programs, most of our listeners are aged between 15 and 39 years old. These listeners cite the specialist programs, local information & music, and non-commercial sound as the reason they tune in to RTRFM.
16,000 hits, 1,800 listening online
But radio is not the only way people listen to RTRFM. Each week we have around 16,000 hits on our website, around 1800 people listening via the web (live or re-streaming programs) and nearly 7,000 people receive our monthly E-newsletter, showcasing the best of what is on RTRFM and around Perth.
Ashlee Wiley – Arts & Cultureawiley@rtrfm.com.au
(08) 9260 9214
Renee Pole – Musicrpole@rtrfm.com.au
(08) 9260 9218