Program Schedule

Download PDF Version
On Air : Listen

Government Report Labels Cashless Welfare Card a Success

Wednesday 15th March / posted by Chris Wheeldon

The Federal Government’s cashless welfare card has been hailed as a success after a year long trial undertaken in Ceduna in South Australia and Kununurra in our top end.

The cards, which cannot be used for cash-out, or liquor purchases, are credited with 80% of an individual’s welfare payment, with the remaining 20% deposited into their bank account and though the program is set to now continue, there is much controversy around the findings

Greens Senator Rachel Siewert has concerns about the findings and spoke to Paul VanLieshout about them.

Tags In This Story

All live musical performances are included in our podcasts with the express permission of artists, who reserve all other rights in their music. All music used in our podcasts is licensed under an APRA Community Broadcasting license agreement.

Latest Stories

The tumultuous thirties

Saturday 21st September

The tumultuous thirties

Cosmpolitan brings together works from the UWA Art Collection and the Cruthers Collection of Women’s Art […]

Fragmented Memories

Saturday 21st September

Fragmented Memories

Memories are recalled, recreated and explored by artists Ruth Halbert and Jane Ziemons in this new collaborative exhibition at […]

Raise your Voyces

Saturday 21st September

Raise your Voyces

Laura Igglesden from Voyces chats to James Hall about the choir’s upcoming performance ‘The Two of […]

Eight – Christopher Young

Friday 20th September

Eight – Christopher Young

End-of-life cultural experiences and the institutions and envrionments associated with them are the subject of Eight, a new […]

UDS Presents: Foxhunt

Friday 20th September

UDS Presents: Foxhunt

Foxhunt presents a darkly comical reimagining of classic tales from Dutch mythology. Writer / director Izzy […]

Meanjin’s Take on Climate Change

Thursday 19th September

Meanjin’s Take on Climate Change

With the issue of climate change looming over all of us, it’s important to understand how […]

FITTER | HAPPIER: Dementia Action Week

Thursday 19th September

FITTER | HAPPIER: Dementia Action Week

Dementia is the term used to describe the symptoms of a large group of illnesses which cause […]

Exploring Dark Matter

Thursday 19th September

Exploring Dark Matter

When we watch sci-fi movies or tv shows, the term “dark matter” often pops up, but […]