Program Schedule

Download PDF Version
On Air : Listen

As someone whose life revolves around music accompanied with a great face for radio, becoming involved at RTRFM was a no brainer for me. WA’s music scene is a pretty amazing community to be a part of and RTRFM is without doubt one of the core reasons for that.

How did you become involved in the station?

Before Spotify became what it’s now become, I’d often share music specific to close friends which eventually spiralled into getting approached to curate playlists for specific events and occasions. Growing up around Mt Lawley I would constantly pass the station’s building until one day I finally decided that presenting music at the station could be a fun side project.

If stuck on Mars, what five albums could you not go without?

  • Frank Ocean – Blonde
  • Tame Impala – Currents
  • Lauryn Hill – The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
  • Alt-J – An Awesome Wave
  • Anderson .Paak – Malibu

What is the best thing about being involved in the station?

The entire inclusiveness and community aspect of the station is unreal. From the creative freedom presenters have in curating their unique shows to all the work that goes on behind the scenes to encompass all members of our society, largely through music is a lovely thing to be a part of.

What is the strangest thing that has happened to you at RTRFM?

It was either my first or second time ever presenting at the station when I almost got crushed by an obviously unhinged door as I was trying to frantically find the bathroom in between song transitions. I’m still yet to use the bathroom…

If you could present a show other than your own, which would it be and why?

I genuinely love showcasing two hours of local music on Homegrown but I could see myself hosting the odd Out To Lunch here and there as I’m always listening out for the latest sound.

What do you do in real life?

A good 80% of my life is consumed by teaching, writing, recording, performing and promoting music in a broad spectrum. The remaining 20% is predominately spent lying down with my dog.